Hello Sporkies! We were so excited that today, the LA Weekly Blog, Squid Ink posted our recipe for Peanut ginger jackfruit noodles with crispy shallots! Here’s the recipe below so that you can try this at home!! Check out the article for tips on how to use jackfruit and where to find it. Peanut Ginger Jackfruit Noodles with Crispy Shallots! Serves: 4-6
1 can (19-ounce) young green jackfruit, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons organic rice vinegar
1 tablespoon palm sugar or organic evaporated cane sugar
2 tablespoons tamari
2 teapoons fresh ginger, finely grated
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
1 tablespoon neutral tasting high heat oil (safflower)
½ cup organic smooth peanut butter
¼ cup coconut milk, plus about ¼ cup water as needed
¼ cup organic tamari
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons palm sugar or organic evaporated cane sugar
3 tablespoons organic rice vinegar
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely grated
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 package (16-ounce) brown rice spaghetti noodles
¼ cup crispy shallots (hânh phi)
1. Cut each piece jackfruit into 6 pieces and place in a large bowl. Add rice vinegar, sugar, tamari, ginger, garlic powder and chili flakes and toss to coat. Marinate for 10-20 minutes, for best flavor.
2. Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat and add oil. Add jackfruit and all marinating liquid. Cook for about 3-5 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile, bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add noodles and cook according to package, about 7-8 minutes. Strain.
4. While noodles are cooking, in a 4-quart pot, add peanut butter, coconut milk and about ¼ cup water. Whisk until uniform. Add tamari, maple syrup, sugar, vinegar, sesame oil, lime juice, ginger and garlic and whisk. Cook sauce for about 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
5. Toss the warm noodles with the peanut sauce and top with cooked jackfruit and crispy shallots. Serve warm. © Spork Foods, 2012